Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RDP Vulnerability Found, But Microsoft Won’t Patch It  (Read 129 times)

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: RDP Vulnerability Found, But Microsoft Won’t Patch It
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:51:30 AM »
It's going to be an ongoing problem.  We set up an MSP with PCMatic (from that website) a while back and have been playing with it in Beta.  We're scheduled to roll it out WAN wide this weekend and hopefully sleep a little better. 
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: RDP Vulnerability Found, But Microsoft Won’t Patch It
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 03:39:15 PM »
Looks like it's being taken a step further.

http://www.thundercloud.net/infoave/new/bluekeep-warning-issued-by-microsoft/
Much like the NSA-authored worm that [was] stolen by hackers, modified and foisted upon Internet users in the form of the WannaCry worm that infected hundreds of thousands of computers back in 2017, a new NSA worm called EternalBlue was stolen by a hacking group known as the Shadow Brokers and is set to be unleashed upon unpatched Windows  7 (and older versions of Windows ) computers as the BlueKeep worm.

The BlueKeep worm is a Remote Desktop Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams