Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SL2100 Trunk Seized Falsely  (Read 409 times)

Offline TexasTechnician

SL2100 Trunk Seized Falsely
« on: May 01, 2019, 11:38:36 PM »
A customer called complaining about voicemail messages piling up with blank messages. I connected to the system via WebPro and could see the messages were almost 4 minutes apart and all were 2 minutes in duration, the timeout period.

I soon noticed that trunk 1 was always indicating to be busy even though no one was on the phone according to the DSS lights. I monitored the trunk with a butt set and it was idle and I could hear incoming calls with ring current and the caller ID blast. No phones indicated an incoming call because the system indicated that the trunk was busy.

I was in such a hurry I didn't monitor to see if the voice mail system answered and played the greeting. I'm guessing that the greeting was not being played since all of the messages were blank but I think the system had to be answering the calls or there would not have been the messages piling up.

I powered the system down to reset the system and that resolved the problem today. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen before. And I would also like to know if there is a way to determine which trunk the voice mail system is recording from.

Offline ttech

Re: SL2100 Trunk Seized Falsely
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:01:04 AM »
Is the timeout action leave a message?   Does the voicemail normally answer the incoming calls?

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 08:37:53 AM »
I've experienced a similar issue with one of the carriers in our area.  It's not quite the same because a reboot never fixed it.  My best guess was an incompatibility between the InMail and the carrier's disconnect signal because it never happened on live answered calls. 

I normally set the Next Call Routing Mailbox in 47-02-14 to Dial Action Table 4 to allow dialing from mailbox greetings.  Changing the timeout action in DAT 4 to HANG UP released the call so that it didn't hold open and continue to leave four minute messages until the mailbox was full. 

The solution satisfied the customer and was a good bandaid fix. 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »
Happened to me too, a few days after installing a new system.  Rebooted the 2100 and the Mediacom modem. That seemed to take care of it.

Jim

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 02:22:46 PM »
Always make sure you run the trunk adjustment 9068 setting for each trunk.   That being said we had this issue in a particular software version that i had a 2 different sites and an update of software corrected the issue.  It was only trunk 1 that this would happen on.  You know what version software it is?  2.00 got release a few days ago and I have it running on 2 sites and haven't had any issues.
Gary Frisco

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »
2.00 got release a few days ago and I have it running on 2 sites and haven't had any issues.

I've been running the beta version of 2.0 for a few months and it's been solid. 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »
Thank you all. I didn't hear from the customer today so I guess it was OK.
The Auto Attendant only answers at night or if the calls are unanswered after 15 seconds.

I received an email a few days ago regarding the new version and I wondered how stable it is. I'll probably install it in a day of two.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »

...I wondered how stable it is.

Stacey is one of the Beta Testers.  :066:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.