Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sl 2100 / T1 dropping calls  (Read 596 times)

Offline Skip555

Re: Sl 2100 / T1 dropping calls
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »
I spent most of the afternoon yesterday calling around looking for someone with a T-Berd or who could test the circuit . Everyone I talked to just test like I do .   I requested a vendor meet , centurylink sent someone out  friday (never let me know ) apparently he changed a card in the smart jack  I  don't think he did any testing .

when I talked to my competitors  they all agree its centurylink and "good luck getting anywhere "

I had a long talk with Terry Simon the Nec sales rep he tells me the T1 card is rock solid and the only failure he has seen is lighting related

customer is talking Warranty replacement , NEC isnt going to replace it if its working .

I'm going to go ahead and put in a new T1 card to test .

they have a full t1 for 12 users (and low phone usage ), they downsized  and I'm thinking they could get by with a half t1 and save some money . Either way they need to change providers I doubt centurylink will ever get it straightened out

---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »
If you're going to scale them down and CenturyLink won't play ball, you might want to consider SIP trunks.  If you have a carrier services provider in the area that has its SIP trunks NEC certified, it makes it a snap.  We have Spectrum in this part of the country, and while they are A PAIN to schedule, once the service is in, it's normally solid.  Spectrum brings their SIP trunks in on a standalone circuit which helps tremendously with reliability.
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams

Offline Skip555

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 01:09:43 PM »
I got this from the customer Friday
"This is to confirm that an update has been recorded on CenturyLink ticket 16077423.

Called customer, spoke with Jennifer,

Informed her that we referred this issue to the local carrier to have them pull HDSL stats.  They pulled those stats yesterday and reported that they only saw errors on their VIEW 11 which indicates errors from the customer's equipment.  The customer stated that their vendor has been out but didn't see a problem with the equipment.  Informed her that if needed we can set up a vendor meet where the local carrier can meet with their vendor and show them what they are seeing.  We have also ran extensive tests to the smartjack with no errors on the network.  We will hold this ticket until we hear back from the customer.

Curtis D.
Technician
Enterprise Repair
CenturyLink
1-877-453-8353"

I talked to Curtis yesterday , they sent frontier out since they are handling the circuit , Curtis says Frontier sees errors coming from our equipment . I have vendor meet set for Thursday he said they can give me a copy of the error log on their end and show me their tests

Skip

Online Keighlar

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 06:09:30 PM »
Send the reports to NEC and have them do an advanced replacement on the PRI card.  I've yet to see them fight or deny a warranty replacement request.
― Douglas Adams

Offline Skip555

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 07:16:22 AM »
NECTAC closed out the report when I reopened it the new tech wants me to do the DIM report first tech told me how to do it but said it wouldn't tell us anything . I'm headed down today to start running it . I have vendor meet tomorrow so I can get the LECS report and DIM and forward them to NEC . They ought to do a replacement then .
Skip

Offline Skip555

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »
this is still dragging on . I've stayed on the customer for data and here is what  I've found .

DIM has to go to a device I thought there was buffer I could access but I need to be logged in with   Putty . I set it up  last tuesday , no dropped calls . reset the laptop no dropped calls Wed. I took the laptop and we had dropped calls thur and friday .

the calls are all to one area , customer says thats because most of their calls are to that area .

I'm going in tomorrow to run DIM again and I'm going to activate the free trial on SMDR to get a list of all calls .

customer wants system replaced , NEC says show us it's our fault

Here's whats been reported

no dropped calls 6/3, 6/4, 6/5  . Ran DIM on 6/4 and 6/5

6/6  4 calls to area code 615 all to same number , two calls to 631 

6/7 one call to 631 (cell phone )

6/10 no dropped calls

6/11  one call to 615 (same number as 6/4 )

the 615 calls are all to one number  , the 931 are to the home office (one to a cell )

so far all dropped calls are to the Nashville area   Customer says that is where most of their  calls go since that is the home office area

I'm going to set up the laptop and run DIM tomorrow , since thursday last week was the big dropped day

hopefully they will have dropped calls with DIM running .
Skip

Online Keighlar

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:47 PM »
Good luck.  I sometimes put a laptop in and just let it keep running the logs, saving to file, until the issue repeats.  Intermittent issues are the worst.   :016:  The new version of system software (2.00+) has Wireshark capture built into WebPro.  I don't know if that will be useful at this time, but if you can spam calls out to the numbers they know fail most often, maybe you can get something. 
― Douglas Adams

Offline Skip555

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 08:04:48 PM »
I was talking to the NEC sales rep this afternoon , there have been  6 calls drop in the last week to one number . his suggestion is to call that number 10-15 times when im on site  with DIM running . I'll Have the customer call his contact and let him know whats happening .

Centurylink is asking if we can make the SL2100 "loopable "  Nec wasn't sure they said to play with 90-60 through phone programming . I went ahead and made a loopback plug to be sure . I have a number at Century link to call so they can run the loopback test .

SMDR is going tell me how many calls/ area codes are working.  so far dropped calls are basically two numbers / two area codes all in the Nashville area  I'm wondering about long distance carrier
Skip

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
I feel your pain, Skip.  We actually install a dedicated workstation (usually an older one that we have decommissioned) at every cabinet so we can remote to it for this kind of crap.  Please keep us posted.  I'm really interested to hear how this plays out for you.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.