Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SV8100 Voice-Over  (Read 105 times)

Offline oobie

• Technician
SV8100 Voice-Over
« on: March 15, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »
Customer uses Voiceover to barge into calls for a executive.  The executive uses a hardwired headset to the headset port.  Executive says that when the secretary does the voiceover it comes through his earpiece on the headset and it used to come through the speaker on his phone.

Does that sound right? 

Thanks for any help!!

Gary
Gary Frisco

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: SV8100 Voice-Over
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »
Speaking of the 9100 because it's the system with which I'm familiar - the Voice Over should come through the speakers of the phone only when they're having a conversation on speaker, and that's not recommended because the conversation can be heard by the outside caller.

If it was coming through the speaker before when s/he was talking on the handset, it was broken then.  I can see nothing that would even allow for that to be programmed accidentally.  If someone else can find how it was happening, I'd be interested to know. 
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Offline oobie

• Technician
Re: SV8100 Voice-Over
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:30:59 AM »
I thought the the same thing.  This system wasn't orignally installed my us and was migrated from a UX5000 so I wasn't sure if it was something that was UX and didn't follow or not.

Thanks Stacey!

Gary
Gary Frisco