Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Desi Label Export in PC Pro  (Read 70 times)

Offline TexasTechnician

Desi Label Export in PC Pro
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »
What is the Desi Label Export for in PC Pro? It would be very nice if there was a way to use it to print the labels for the phones. :)

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: Desi Label Export in PC Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 07:41:40 PM »
It does what you would expect - it will open up the selected stations in DESI software.  It's of marginal use depending on how you label your phones.  It pulls the extension number, not the name, and the features are labeled oddly.  For me, it's a great idea in theory, but not of practical use.
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 08:09:08 PM »
DESI Software?

Online Keighlar

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:20:19 PM »
Yes, sir.  Free to download and use, but you have to buy the labels from NEC.  They don't allow DESI to resell. 

http://labels.desi.com/index-exec/
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »
Well I'll be ding dong damned! I have a package on labels that I think are from NEC that I purchased from my supplier. But then again you did say the export is not all that great.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:29 PM »
I've never even bothered with the export, Bobby.  It's quick entry and works well in the software.

One of the things I miss about Inter-Tel is that the you didn't have button holes that needed to be cut.  The desi just butted up next to the buttons so you could literally just create a template in Excel and print them.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 11:38:38 PM »
I was an Inter-Tel dealer for years and their systems were top notch in the mid '90's but all of a sudden I could not order the telephones to save my life. I could order all of the controllers I wanted but no phones. Like that's gonna do the client a hell-of-a-lot of good.

Online Keighlar

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »
I've been using the DESI software for well over a decade.  There are a few tweaks I'd make to it if I had my druthers, but overall it's quick and simple to use.  I like to color code lines, extensions and features in different colors, and this allows that.  (I know, I know... I'm such a girl!)  Customers like it, though, and it helps to quickly find the key you need as you're learning your phone. 

If all the phones are programmed the same, you make one DESI label, then simply copy the template to your other extensions.  Super quick. 

If you decide to give it a try I can shoot you over some helpful tips that aren't necessarily obvious.

Online Skip555

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »
Ive been using DESI forever , Ive got a old laptop case full of varios labels . like Stacy said just do one as a template or do them on a per phone basis . I usually bold the text .

I like to sell the customer the lables and point them to the sortware download . I would rather they print their own rather than calling me when things change.
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online Keighlar

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »
I like to sell the customer the lables and point them to the sortware download . I would rather they print their own rather than calling me when things change.

Exactly!   :054:

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »

Exactly!   :054:

That's why I LOVED being able to email them a template for Excel on the Inter-Tel.  Every secretary in the place knows Excel.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.