Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SL2100 Conversation on Page out  (Read 230 times)

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
SL2100 Conversation on Page out
« on: March 08, 2019, 07:13:35 PM »
SL2100, digital phones, pots lines, overhead paging. Ran into a strange one today.

I had a single music source feeding the MOH and also the BGM, each on a different card. On the card with the MOH, I also had Page out to the horns.  This worked ok until today. I know Stacy has mentioned there might be trouble if MOH and Page are on the same card, but it worked when I tried it, so we let it ride.  http://www.myphonetechs.com/index.php?topic=7166.0

The customer has some radio ads they wanted to use for MOH, so I configured things for that. Once I got it working and showed the customer how to upload the wav file, etc. it was working great and I left. Got a call about 30 minutes later. When extension 102 gets a call, both internal and external, when he talks, his voice goes out over the page horns! Everyone in the shop heard his side of the conversation. Why it was only extension 102 is a mystery. Customer tried others and no problem.

Since they’re using the wav files for MOH, I removed the jumper feeding the music in, and that left only page out on that card. Don’t know if that is going to solve it. Looking at things in 10-60, audio port setup, also.

Jim

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: SL2100 Conversation on Page out
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:15:18 PM »
I hate to admit it, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how that's even possible.  Perhaps there's a physical issue on the card?  I know it's a simple question, but has all the equipment been rebooted?
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
Why it was only extension 102 is a mystery. Customer tried others and no problem.

Mispunch maybe?

So many things come to mind, Jim, and they're all speculation.  I'd be grabbing my Fluke.  Was the conversation loud and direct or could it have been heard via inductance like one might hear in a split/resplit?  If Stacey ever said don't use the same card I'd take it as law.  Larry may have some insight on this, but if it's on the same card I'm wondering about a weak capacitor.  On something like an Inter-Tel I'd be making sure we had a serious solid ground to the cabinet as that causes all kinds of ghosts otherwise. 

Not sure I'm helping as much as I'm throwing out differential diagnosis ideas on a white board which is how we tend to brainstorm these things at the office.  Hopefully it might spark an idea in someone else's mind that could help.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 08:45:48 PM »
I re-booted Saturday when they weren't too busy.

When it happened, they said it was very clear, and only his side of the call. No one heard the calling party. I have never heard the issue. The system has been in service since late last summer. Ext 102 gets a lot of use every day. I'll be keeping an eye on it and checking in with them. Thanks Trace and Stacey.

Jim

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 08:55:58 PM »
Wow.  Clear, one sided communication, one time and it's been in service since last summer.

I'm with Stacey on the wonky card.  I might even lean toward a CPU card going bad.  If it's the CPU crazy issues will get more progressive over time.

You're welcome and keep us updated, Jim.

Offline Skip555

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 10:55:47 AM »
do you have spare station ports ? maybe move 102

What does NTAC say ?  should be under warranty
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 11:32:29 AM »
All quiet right now, but thought I would give it a day or two and see what happens. Trying to determine if it's an extension problem or a page card problem. I'll keep you posted.

Jim

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
    • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 12:11:49 PM »
Not familiar with that system but just wondering does it use a station port for the PA?
If so, is there an ext. number assigned?
Wondering if this Ext 102 user inadvertently conferenced in the page ext. ?
Even though the system should never let that happen, plus if it did you would think both sides would be heard.
Just kicking a few things around.  :023:

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
There's no extension assigned to the system paging ports - but there are access codes.  By default, I believe the external ports are 703+ the page group. 
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 09:41:30 PM »
By default, I believe the external ports are 703+ the page group.

That's it.  :054:

Of course.   :011: