Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for 4/C patch cords  (Read 222 times)

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: Looking for 4/C patch cords
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 05:14:26 PM »
They might have been used between the wall wart transformer and the Partner DSS button sidecar. Might have also been supplied for the data connection with Partner Messaging? The Legend and Magix offer unlimited possibilities.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 10:43:06 AM »
I just use regular patch cables.

You can't do that when the system's jacks are 6P4C.

What we did in the past was run a pigtail from the system to a regular patch-panel. That way they could use any port on their existing patch panel for the cross-connection to the phone system. I haven't seen any new construction is the past ten years that uses 6P4C jacks, so we started doing this and it worked. It's a little ugly when they plug their 6P4C into the 8P8C jacks, but it works. (Notice I didn't say RJ45 jacks? Didn't want your head to explode.)
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Online EV607797

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 10:16:28 PM »
I haven't seen any new construction is the past ten years that uses 6P4C jacks, so we started doing this and it worked. It's a little ugly when they plug their 6P4C into the 8P8C jacks, but it works. (Notice I didn't say RJ45 jacks? Didn't want your head to explode.)

Right, but I'm talking about the jacks on the system KSUs.  Vertical and Panasonic use 6P4C, and probably others as well.  When their KSU is rack-mounted, it only makes sense to just use a patch cord that goes from the KSU port to the patch panel port without any transitions.

RJ what?  :014:
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (540) 693-5800 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com