Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Echo  (Read 68 times)

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
    • GO HAWKS!
Echo
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »
I don't think this is an Avaya specific problem but since it's an ACS rel8, 5x9 I'll post here.
Law office with 9 AT&T  pots and 12 phones complaining that anyone with a cell on the non-system side hear echoes.
It dosen't matter who generates the call.
I've been out there and it's not port or CO line specific and the call on the system side sounds great.
I'm convinced it's either the cell carrier, tower or something in the AT&T equipment.
 From what I can determine it's any cell phone, I've told them that most of these calls are probably blue tooth or speaker but
as lawyers will do, they are denying that. I don't know where else to turn or what to tell them.
-----------------------------------------------
Thanks in advance for suggestions,
wayne

Offline oobie

• Technician
Re: Echo
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:40:46 PM »
Did you try it directly on the line with out the ACS connected?
Gary Frisco

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
    • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:07:17 PM »
oobie,
yes, I did. same thing.
I really don't think it's the individuals cell service as much as I believe it to be AT&T.
Evan though these are "Pots" coming in on copper it' doesn't mean they are copper from the switch.
They could easily be pair gain or or any other digital to analog that they are using.
AT&T isn't obligated to say how they get the line there, just get it there.

Online TexasTechnician

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:52:45 PM »
I seem to recall a similar problem back in the '90's and it turned out to be something AT&T (South Western Bell at the time) called a MFT in the circuit and they had to adjust something on it and it resolved the problem. With fiber these day's there probably is no such animal but the point is there is probably something on AT&T's side that can be adjusted.