Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SL 2100 T1  (Read 54 times)

Online Skip555

SL 2100 T1
« on: November 29, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
I sold a Sl 2100 to replace a dead NEC Electra elite .  I saw analog trunk cards on the electra so sold the sl2100 configured for analog trunks . It turns out they had a T1 feeding the electra .poking around they had analog trunks at one time then must have gone to a T1.  the TI  was wired in via a 25 pair rather than a 8 conductor jack  so that's part of why I missed it .

The customer couldn't tell me anything about the lines . I've reached out to the customer to get a contact at Century link to find out just what they have and how it is configured  .

When I go to NTAC I see T1 on the trunking but a search brings up no info .

SIP trunking is the only thing that comes up

Does the SL 2100 do T1 , PRI or only SIP
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online Skip555

Re: SL 2100 T1
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 07:42:37 PM »
I do see that the card is listed as PRI/T1  interface so I guess I need to look further at the manual
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
You found it.  Yes, It does do PRI.  It programs very differently than it does for analog.  Let me know if you need any help. 
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:55:14 AM »
Skip,
In General as long as you have the card for it, you should be able to plug it in and go.  But as Keighlar said there is alot more programming involved.
Gary Frisco