Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need Suggestions on Cable  (Read 300 times)

Online oobie

• Technician
Re: Need Suggestions on Cable
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »
You bet!  Take care!

Gary
Gary Frisco

Offline jeffmoss26

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 08:14:31 PM »
I would also look at the Ubiquiti Tough Cable.
Jeff Moss
Moss Communications
jeffmoss26@gmail.com

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »
I would also look at the Ubiquiti Tough Cable.

Thanks, Jeff.  I'm actually getting ready to contact Ubiquiti on some of their Air Fiber and point to point radios.  We need to shoot a wireless LAN cable across a road.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
So in the ongoing cable saga, I thought I would update this thread.  If you read my other thread about the water getting inside the cables and shorting out the switch, you have the back story on why I was asking for suggestions. 

Gary suggested the Hitachi cable, and after reviewing the documentation even Hal agreed that it looked like a good choice.  I was having a little trouble finding it locally, but the Accu-Tech suggestion was good as they make it painless to order online.

Then Jeff mentioned Ubiquiti "Tough Cable."  Ubiquiti makes some high quality wireless bridge products, so I thought I'd give it a look, and it's very easy to find and buy online.  I decided to go to Amazon to read reviews which overall were very good, but then there's that one star review you can find for darn near anything, so I go read it.  This the review:

"NOT UV RESISTANT/WATERPROOF/ LOWER QUALITY THAN DOLLAR STORE CABLE

water ended up leaking into building and frying everything."

Seriously?  None of us had even heard of my issue before, and apparently this guy had the exact same problem.

I ordered the weatherproof/UV Resistant, gel filled Accu-Tech cable earlier.  Time will tell.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.