Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEC SL2100 FIRMWARE UPDATE FAIL  (Read 77 times)

Markk and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Basjan123

NEC SL2100 FIRMWARE UPDATE FAIL
« on: August 02, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
I recently tried updating firmware on a new NEC SL2100. The update went all OK but while it was installing the new firmware the was a power fail and the procedure got interrupted .. Now it looks like the processor got corrupt and the processor and PABX is not responsive.Is there any way that I can get the processor running again?

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: NEC SL2100 FIRMWARE UPDATE FAIL
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 10:47:08 AM »
You can try to factory default the system. 

If Expansion KSUs are installed turn the power on/off in order of the Expansion KSU 2, KSU 1 and then Main.
1.   Set the power switch to the OFF position.
2.   Push in and hold the red LOAD button on the CPU.
3.   Turn the power switch to the ON position on the Main KSU.
4.   Continue holding the LOAD button for approximately 3 - 5 seconds or until the status LED D5 starts to flash red.
5.   Release the LOAD button.
6.   When the system has completed reloading software (approximately 2 minutes), the RUN LED will be flashing green on the CPU and connected phones will show display information.

Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, you'll probably need to call on NEC for assistance.
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Online Basjan123

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 03:11:29 AM »
I have tried doing a factory default a number of times but with no luck. The run and alarm led,s stay on constantly.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »
It sounds like the software needs to be loaded from flash.  I have not had to do that since the DSX.  If there are no other ideas, I'm afraid it's time to call tech support.
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Online oobie

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 12:42:20 PM »
I've seen them take like 10 minutes to come back online after firmware update.  Just walk away from it. 

But I suspect that you didn't do that and power cycled it while it was updated therefore it is hosed now.   

Take care,
Gary
Gary Frisco