Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cell phone use while driving  (Read 226 times)

Offline hbiss

• Administrator
Re: Cell phone use while driving
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 07:57:36 PM »
Having been a pilot for many years and juggling charts, checklists, multiple microphones, and instruments while dodging weekend flying doctors like gnats, I'm wondering how long it's going to before someone wants to ban me from talking on the radio while entering Class B airspace.

Sorry Trace, I forgot about your comment.
There is a big difference between an addiction to the frivolous use of a cell phone and the need to use communications for the operation of an aircraft. A pilot is trained in those procedures and will know how to operate the radio safely.

All a cell phone user is trained in is the use of his or her thumbs...

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
My daughter does use the Ford sync, but I like older vehicles, so I use a plantronics bluetooth ear-piece with voice recognition. The phone stays clipped to the visor. I also use speech-to-text (my fingers are too damn big) for communication with those who insist on texting.  I only use that feature when I'm not driving.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online silversam

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »
My 2017 Chevy Malibu offers to read me any texts i get while I'm driving. The H/F integration with the iPhone is excellent for voice and data.

Sam