Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for a manual for Bek-Tel LS-3 lineshare device  (Read 378 times)

Offline Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Looking for a manual for Bek-Tel LS-3 lineshare device
« on: March 26, 2018, 03:20:19 PM »
Apparently this piece of equipment was manufactured before the internet age because I cannot find a manual anywhere.  I'm not even certain I'll need it, but there is an existing LS-3 that we have to re-use at a new installation site.  I just hate to run into problems at the last minute and am trying to be prepared.

Anyone heard of this or have a manual available?
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Offline hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
Re: Looking for a manual for Bek-Tel LS-3 lineshare device
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »
Stacy, I think Multi-Tec made this and private labeled it.  I would try them

Offline silversam

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 05:47:41 PM »
I think I have some sort of line share device in the dreaded basement. I'll look to see if it's that.

Sam

Offline Skip555

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 02:52:40 PM »
I installed quite a few of them . Let me dig around and see if I can find any DOCS .  Their pretty old, why not just sell them a "Stick " .

I don't think Multi tech made them 
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:38:25 PM »
I couldn't find it under Multi-tech.  As expected, they don't want to buy a new piece of equipment if their old one works - it doesn't matter how inexpensive it is.  If it comes down to it, I'll make that their only option, though. 
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Offline silversam

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 09:06:26 PM »
I looked. No luck. If I ever had one, I threw it out when I did the big clean out 8 years ago.

Sorry,

Sam

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 07:12:07 AM »
No worries, Sam.  This was just a shot in the dark.   :003:

Online oobie

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
I think maybe Command might have made them.  I might actually have one and will check when I ever get back to the shop!

What are you needing to know about it?  I know around here Lucent put them in all the time back in the day.
Gary Frisco

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »
It was not usable.  It was not detecting fax tones properly.  We had to install a STICK.