Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SL2100 Link Error  (Read 335 times)

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
SL2100 Link Error
« on: March 21, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »
New install of SL2100. Everything was fine the first day. I stopped this morning to check on things and found that ext 101 has this on the display: "64: VOIP  L1 Link Error".

I ran the sidetone adjustment / line calibration on the POTS lines and rebooted. Everything cleared up ok.

After a cup of coffee, the message is back. The phone works ok, and the message goes away while using the phone, but comes back as soon as I hang up.

In the alarm report I see  several identical entries that include this: "DSP RSRC BUSY"  and "CPU:CIDR"

Never seen this before. Any thoughts on it? Thank you.
Jim

Offline Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: SL2100 Link Error
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 04:08:51 PM »
I haven't seen this particular issue, but are you using the VoIP DB card?  What IP devices are on the system?  It sounds like the alarms are set to display on (probably CoS 15) phones.  In 90-50, do you have ext. 101 set up to receive alarms?
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
You're right. 90-50 contained 101 for the alarm set. Which I think I'll leave so someone knows when an alarm has happened. Unless it will be notifying for every little thing, restarts, etc.

As far as why there is an alarm . . . The only IP stuff in this install is the 8 built in IP extensions. I'm using POTS lines for dial tone.

I noticed in 10-12-09 that the default VoIP address was still in there. Since I'm not using IP, should this field be 0.0.0.0? I'll update it tomorrow when I'm there to finish up the network connection and remote access.

Thank you.
Jim

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »
It definitely should be blanked out to 0s.  I think it's 90-10 where you can designate what should and should not alarm.  The 2100 is a finicky little system and will alarm at some very minor disturbances.  I really haven't played with it too much after realizing early on how touchy it could be, but I think you can finesse that by deciding what should notify the phone and what should not.  You can also have the alarms send an email instead.  That way it doesn't interrupt the phone's display.  Whichever the customer prefers.
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakam

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
Blanking 10-12-09 to all zero's took care of it.

Thanks.
Jim

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:00 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks for the update.