Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The History of the Blue Bell Telephone Sign  (Read 96 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
The History of the Blue Bell Telephone Sign
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »
The History of the Blue Bell Telephone Sign as implemented by New England Telephone and Telegraph

https://www.belltelephonesigns.com/
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline EV607797

Re: The History of the Blue Bell Telephone Sign
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:54:33 PM »
Who would have thought that so much effort went into what seemed to be such a simple sign?  Sadly, the only Baby Bells that continued to use the 1969 Bell logo are either gone, or have done away with it.  Sort of like their service, huh?

Verizon continued to use the Bell logo itself, but in black, on many of their vehicles and pay phone booths for quite some time.  Since AT&T took over Bell South, theirs is gone.  PacBell's was done away with years ago.  USWest/Quest is now Cenurylink, so there won't be any Bell logos in those territories for sure.  Ameritech, like Verizon, continued to use it (in black) for a while, but now they're AT&T.  SNET and Cincinnati Bell still had the rights to use it, since they weren't technically RBOCs.  Now that SNET is also under the AT&T brand name, we won't be seeing it there.  Cincinnati Bell still used it until a year or so ago.  They still can, but they don't.  I think that was the end of it.

Now that it's gone, I guess it's a crap shoot as to where the industry will go from here.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (540) 693-5800 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online telemarv

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »
Long Gone
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »
We were Southwestern Bell down here.  We also had Southwestern Bell Mobile Systems which became Cingular.  Now they're both AT&T.  Some of those old SWB techs were a world of knowledge.  None of those guys are left.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.