Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pet Peeve......What Is Your's  (Read 274 times)

bmreen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Pet Peeve......What Is Your's
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
Every darn retail store has a damn loyalty card and/or a customer database!   It's not enough that you can't just go in a make a purchase, they have to look you up to see what you purchased last and how long ago it was.  Now a lot of times they claim it's for "warranty" information or "this is so you don't have to answer all these questions again.  Every one of these damn places asks for your telephone number to search with, WHY the damn phone#???????????   Today I was in the tire store and every person was asked their phone number, then after 5 minutes of searching the clerk says; "No that ain't it"  then they try another number and the same damn thing happens.  Not one person had the right phone number!  Here's an idea........USE THE PERSONS LAST NAME FOR A SEARCH!!!!!!!   

Checkout at Lowes; "Do you have a my Lowes card?"    Go to the grocery store; "Do you have a store card?"  NO!! "Then what's your phone number?"   Go to the drug store....same as the grocery store.   At the auto store.........same thing...............What is all this crap??????     Try to use cash and they look at you like you're a criminal!

What is your Pet Peeve??   
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MooreTel

Re: Pet Peeve......What Is Your's
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
EZ way out.....give them a fictitious one.  I do and if they question it.... "Who knows it better, me or you?"  If that doesn't work, I leave it on the counter and walk out.  Did that at a grocery store with over $200 sitting on the line and that was 20 years ago!

I seldom need anything THAT bad...
Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Offline EV607797

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 11:10:49 PM »
UFB!  I had one of my soap box rants on this subject, easily 2,000 characters about a recent restaurant experience and *poof*, it was gone when I went to preview it.  :014:
Ed Vaughn
Operations Manager
Zaitek Converged Communications Solutions
(540) 735-2300 X108

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 07:49:14 AM »
Ed, I've had that happen too! we can add that to our "pet peeves".  :066:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline telemarv

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 02:24:39 PM »
There's a restaurant here in town that will only accept interac or credit card for payment. No cash in the till.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
    • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 04:17:41 PM »
Sealed trim plates with only 1 screw!  :016:

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 10:24:27 PM »
When I know more about your job than you do.  Incompetence in your profession is a big one with me. 
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online silversam

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 11:09:55 PM »
You guys get upset too easily.

Sirens are my pet peeve.

It seems every asshole in Brooklyn (Besides me) has a siren in their vehicle - and uses it day and night.

Private ambulances! Making a bunion run?!?! With lights and sirens!

Pisses me off.

Sam

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:21 AM »
Dealing with insurance companies!

Seems you have to do all the work for them let alone you pay all that money to have the insurance!!!

Gary Frisco

Online Skip555

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »
clueless drivers , tailgate , turn from the  wrong lane, don't allow enough room for lane changes ,  bright lights ,speed up when you try to change lanes  I could go on and on
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline EV607797

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
clueless drivers , tailgate , turn from the  wrong lane, don't allow enough room for lane changes ,  bright lights ,speed up when you try to change lanes  I could go on and on

When were you in DC, Skip?
Ed Vaughn
Operations Manager
Zaitek Converged Communications Solutions
(540) 735-2300 X108

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 07:39:40 PM »

I wonder how many of them are "snow birds"?    :011: :023:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online Skip555

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »

I wonder how many of them are "snow birds"?    :011: :023:

I was trying to be  nice , Larry .   :066: 

---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 05:32:00 AM »
 :003: :054:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:14 AM »
You know what mine is- cell phones. Especially the people who are in front of you at the checkout and can't put the damn phone away long enough to talk to the clerk.

Then there are those who have every stupid coupon on their phone so they stand there and go through them then give the phone to the clerk each time to scan it.

Then there are the people who stand next to you and talk to somebody on their phone about them being constipated or something so everybody gets to hear it.  :014: :035:

I could go on...

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music