Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rackspace Going By The Wayside  (Read 313 times)

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Rackspace Going By The Wayside
« on: May 11, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »
Dave what do you hear about Rackspace down in your neck of the woods?

Since they sold out I understand they laid off over 200 down in San Antonio, and I can verify first hand that support has gone to $%it.  It takes about 14 hours to get any kind of a response on a ticket.  I've had some go days.  I even have one that has been open for months.  If you try to address that in a ticket it's politely ignored.  During our recent migration it became apparent that you can't post tickets.  You must waste your time calling in, sitting on the phone, and babysitting them while they address the issue.  I've had calls muted out on speakerphone for over two hours.  It's truly HostGator support at Rackspace prices.  They're even being slammed in their own forums at https://community.rackspace.com and those slams are going unanswered.

It's too bad they were the most awesome game on the street 10 years ago.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online RATHER BE FISHING

Re: Rackspace Going By The Wayside
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »
Unfortunately their fanatical support mantra has gone the way of the dinosaurs. You're right..10 years ago they were the place to be both as a customer and employee. My son left over a year ago and is doing quite well. BTW..their CEO resigned last week. On to greener pastures. A lot of Rackers I know who still work there long for the old days.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/Rackspace-CEO-Rhodes-leaving-the-company-11118048.php
Vertical Comdial Dx80 and  DX120 Voice Mail Repair/Compact Flash Cards
Comdial Debut Compact Flash Cards

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
Wow.  Thanks for the link.

I called our account exec earlier and the 9 minute phone coversation started like this:

"Hi Trace, good morning."

"No.  It's not."

In every ticket they side-stepped my questions about just WTF was going on.  So in this conversation I pointed out in their Fanatical Support Promise, under Transparency, they state, "Our answers to your questions will be straightforward and honest and we will not avoid tough questions."  So I asked again what was going on with the crappy support.  Then I shut up knowing that the next person to speak, loses.  It was a very long pause and he was stammering like Bob Newhart.

We're just now finishing up the first migration we needed to do.  There are about 12 others on the horizon, but not until we find a better solution.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:51:12 AM »
So my last ticket took a week to get addressed.  I opened a new ticket going on 14 hours ago.  Still no response, so I emailed my Account Monkey.  No reply, so I tried to call a minute ago.  He's conveniently not available, so I told them to dump me in his voice mail.  After his outgoing message I get a prompt that says, "You may not leave a message in this mailbox.  Good-bye."  [click].

Welcome to Rack-Gator folks.  It's looking about as bad as when Dell bought Sonicwall.

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
Wow. Just wow. I'll call a couple of folks I know that work there tomorrow.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »
What's worse is the reply I finally got to the ticket contained incorrect information.

We have about 12 other servers to migrate in short order.  Have any hosting alternatives you like, Dave?

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:49 AM »
Best rep in our area is Liquid Web. Hired a lot of former Rackers. Will get you a contact info so you can reach out and see if it is a good fit.

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
Check your PMs for contact info.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
I just tried to register the domain name RackspaceSucks.com.  I was going to host it on one of the servers we have there.  Unfortunately Rackspace has already registered it.  I guess they've been down that road already.

You wouldn't believe how bad it's getting Dave.  Server under attack yesterday.  We started trying to get someone on it around 1:30.  At 8:00 last night I finally got freed up so I could address the issue personally and nothing had been done by Rackspace other than to post in the ticket that yes there was an attack.  The tech was a real rocket scientist.

I've been on hold for the last 30 minutes just trying to get a live person.

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.burkhartinc.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »
I just tried to register the domain name RackspaceSucks.com.  I was going to host it on one of the servers we have there.  Unfortunately Rackspace has already registered it.  I guess they've been down that road already.

:011: :011: :011: LOL
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Burkhart Inc.
www.burkhartinc.com