Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How Not To Install Cabling (Pictures Of Ugly Work) Part 2  (Read 562 times)

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
How Not To Install Cabling (Pictures Of Ugly Work) Part 2
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:11:34 PM »
Put a new phone system in a friend's business, so I decided I'd do it on a Sunday and clean up their existing mess.  It's hard to see, but there are actually three of the Cat5e 110-Style Patch Panels. One is mounted vertically and two are mounted horizontally. And for whatever reason, none of the wiring for the camera system was on the patch panels. They just crimped RJ45 plugs on the ends and plugged them into the DVR. I moved them to the vertical patch panel. I also relocated the patch panels so all the cables could drop through two holes in the ceiling tile. They had two tiles completely removed and the wires just dropped out everywhere.

Took 11 hours from start to finish and I never stopped for lunch.

The before...

And I still have a few cables to relocate, so they are just draped over the AP.

Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: How Not To Install Cabling (Pictures Of Ugly Work) Part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:29:03 PM »
Very pretty.   :064:
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."
— Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: How Not To Install Cabling (Pictures Of Ugly Work) Part 2
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:54:18 PM »
Let's get a plate on that receptacle! :015:

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music