Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SL 1100 Is ACD my best choice here ?  (Read 1896 times)

Online Skip555

SL 1100 Is ACD my best choice here ?
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »

customer is small dental office 3 incoming POTS lines , 3 people who answer . Occasionally they are  unable to get a call right off . Dr wants unanswered  calls to go to QUE with hold message . Looks to me like the only way to do it with  message is with a ACD group .

Is there a better/ easier way ?

the issue I see with ACD is the ringing longest idle extn first. 

answer group  is two receptionist then office manger so ideally it shouldn't ring the manger  I don't see a way around this
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: SL 1100 Is ACD my best choice here ?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 06:13:40 PM »
ACD is certainly the "perfect" way to do it. The other way to accomplish this with such a small office, which I have done in the past, is to have the call ring in to a Virtual Extension.  Put an immediate cover key on the two Receptionist phones and a No Ring Cover Key on the Office Manager's phone.  If there's no answer, have the caller hear a message (in the VE mailbox, set up as a group mailbox) to press 1 to leave a message or remain on the line to continue to hold.  The Group Mailbox is set up for routing with the time-out action to ring back to the VE.  It's less elegant, but it will get you there.
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."
— Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

Online Skip555

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 02:52:14 PM »
Thanks Stacy , I figured ACD was the way to go . your solution is interesting and I may try that if they aren't happy with the incoming ring . I cant see where it would overflow often with three people handling 3 lines but its a new customer and I don't have a real feel for how things flow

I always like  to have a plan B
Skip

Online Keighlar

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:32:09 PM »
No problem.  If I can help at all - just let me know.  Good luck!
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."

Online Skip555

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
I' m still playing around with this , I think your solution is the better/simpler way to go ,I've got it set up except I don't see how to  set up the group mailbox for routing . what am I missing ?

I think I just found it ..stay tuned
Skip

Online Skip555

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »
looking good , it just needs a few minor tweaks . I do think for this application its going to be a better approach than ACD

Thanks Again Stacey
Skip

Online Keighlar

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 08:24:30 PM »
Excellent.   :054:  Let me know if there's anything I can do.