Phone Systems > Allworx

Transfer Issue

(1/4) > >>

MacGyver:
Mike Brady owns an architectural firm.  Mike is at extension 111.

When Mike is in a meeting he puts his phone in DND mode.  When his phone is in DND mode if anyone transfers a call to him, it goes straight to his VM.  Anyone except Jan.

Jan is at extension 110.  If Mike is in DND mode and Jan tries to transfer a call to him, the call bounces back to her.  

Notice in the first screenshot of the logs that the Allworx seems to be confused as to Jan's extension, but in the second screenshot things seem to be in order:

It's Allworx 6x Ver. 7.4.  The phones are 9212s and upgrading is absolutely off the table.  Any insight?

hacky:
I can't see the screenshots yet.  Is the software 7.4.19.2 ?

MacGyver:

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 12:53:58 PM ---I can't see the screenshots yet.  Is the software 7.4.19.2 ?

--- End quote ---

I think I know why the screenshots weren't coming up for you and it should be fixed.

BTW, does the Allworx use MAC addresses for it's forwarding paths?

Thanks, Brayton.  :054:

hacky:
Ok, the things to check are as follows.

1) Are the transfers being performed by pressing BLF keys?  If so, if the handsets are in key system mode (check the handset preference group)  the system initiates an intercom call (that may potentially bounce back in DND)   And, depending on the individual preference of that handset, it may just ring or open the speakerphone right away (like Comdial's voice signalling versus tone signalling).  But, if the handsets are in PBX mode, the user's extension is dialed, and the user's call route is followed.  Does Mike have Follow Me set up to his cellphone?  The top screenshot looked strange for sure, somebody rigged that up specially to accomplish something specific.

2)  This is similar to 1  but check the handset preference groups for Jan versus the working handsets.  Are they the same?

3) You may be hitting bug #10810  but I would need to see more logs or screenshots to know that for sure.  Honestly, bring a shotgun (or super soaker)  and tell the Customer this is for your own good, and upgrade them to 7.4.19.2.  This will also clear the other 58 defects that you may not have noticed.  I've done tons of upgrades remotely (including the officesafe backup)  and never had to run onsite because of a problem.

Please keep me in the loop

MacGyver:

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---1) Are the transfers being performed by pressing BLF keys?
--- End quote ---

They have tried it with the BLF key and by TRAN + 3 + Extension.  They both behave the same way.

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---If so, if the handsets are in key system mode...
--- End quote ---

They are all in key system mode.

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---...depending on the individual preference of that handset, it may just ring or open the speakerphone right away
--- End quote ---

Intercom Auto Answer is enabled.

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---Does Mike have Follow Me set up to his cellphone?  
--- End quote ---

He does not.

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---The top screenshot looked strange for sure, somebody rigged that up specially to accomplish something specific.
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, no.   :016:

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---2)  This is similar to 1  but check the handset preference groups for Jan versus the working handsets.  Are they the same?
--- End quote ---
Yes.  They are all the same.

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---3) ...upgrade them to 7.4.19.2.  
--- End quote ---

Upgrading has been expressly taken off the table.  

--- Quote from: hacky on December 17, 2015, 01:39:27 PM ---Please keep me in the loop
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Brayton.

BTW, a couple of phones have been swapped around at times which is why I was asking if there are any forwarding paths or mapping by MAC address.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version