Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UX5000  (Read 2958 times)

Offline oobie

• Technician
UX5000
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:41:40 PM »
Is it possible to call forward no answer a digital extension to a virtual extension that is call forward immediate to an off premise number?

Example:

Call in to AA dial 316 it rings at 316 for 4 times (18sec) then CFna is set to Virtual extension 208 that is CF Immediate to off premise number 9XXXXXXX.

I attempted setting this up for the customer but failed with multiple attempts not sure if this is a limitation or if I am setting it up incorrectly. I can call the virtual port 208 and it dials out to the outside number. I can answer the call and transfer to 208 and it does the trunk to trunk transfer and connects the 2 outside callers. But the CF does not work.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Gary Frisco
Gary Frisco

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: UX5000
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
I know NEC in general, but not the UX5000 specifically.  Is its equivalent of "Trunk to Trunk Transfer" enabled?
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."
— Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

Offline silversam

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:51:09 AM »
I can't speak to the UX5000, but I do know that many systems - including NEC - limited the ability to CF to a station that was already Call Forwarded. The fear was that Station A would forward to Station B, which was already forwarded to Station A, creating an endless loop and locking up the system. In the example listed, when station B was reached via CFD it would just ring instead of forwarding.

Sam

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:24:04 AM »
I'm still finding my way around the NEC, so I absolutely defer to Stacey, but in the Inter-Tel systems we did it as Sam described.  We would create a phantom extension that is forwarded to the off premise number, and then CF to the phantom.  On the earlier versions to create the phantom we would physicaly wire in a digital phone, CF to the off premise number and after that you could remove the phone, the wiring and even the card from the cabinet if necessary. The phantom CF stayed in the CPU.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »
Checked the COS and everything looks good.  Trunk to trunk transfer is enabled and I am able to make a call in and answer it and transfer out to the virtual that is CF off premise to the cell number.  No PRI.  If I forward just the extension to immediate off Premise it works but CF NA to the virtual that Immediate off premise does not work.

I'm guessing this is a limitation
Gary Frisco

Offline ttech

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
You can't forward a forward.  You can forward directly to an outside number without using a virtual.  You can probably put the whole dial string on a button