Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DSX40 questions  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Tman1

DSX40 questions
« on: October 27, 2015, 01:59:15 PM »
Working on one where the automated attendant picks up, plays message, plays music on hold, then goes to voice mail box that is full, then loops back to the automated attendant.

Owner wants to disable the voice mail box - how do I do this?

And how do I get it to to stop looping?

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: DSX40 questions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Do you know which voicemail box it is? Can you access it? The first step is to just delete messages out of the box so it isn't full.  It's looping because the caller can't get into the mailbox.  If you make room in the mailbox, the loop should stop.

If you DO disable the mailbox, what do you want to happen instead? Should the call just ring until answered?  That will require getting into programming. Are you familiar with the DSX?
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."
— Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

Offline Tman1

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »
The goal is to disable the voice mail on line 1 so that it rings until answered.

I am not familiar with the DSX.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 05:16:10 PM »
The goal is to disable the voice mail on line 1 so that it rings until answered.

I am not familiar with the DSX.

Hi Tman1, and welcome to the board.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm on the phone with Keighlar and she confirmed that you're going to need a certified programmer, the master password, and proprietary software for the programming.  What you're trying to do can be done, but the configuration changes do require some advanced technician level knowledge.  The good news, however, is that the changes should be able to be made via remote programming, assuming your system is on the network.  

Is your installing tech no longer an option?  
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Tman1

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »
I work at a company that supports the one that has this unit.  We had nothing to do with the installation of the DSX40, I was just asked to see if we could get the problem resolved.

Thanks for the help.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »
The easiest option is to find out where the General Mailbox is and clear out those messages. If the programmer was worth their salt, there should be a mailbox key on at least one of the phones - usually the main reception phone - that's blinking to indicate it has new messages. Login to that mailbox and delete the messages that have been piling up in there. Then just make sure that it's someone's job to check those messages on a daily basis so it doesn't happen again.

If they want the reconfiguration you discussed above, it can be done, but you will need someone familiar with DSX programming to do so.

Let us know if you need additional assistance, and good luck!
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."
— Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)