Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Panasonic KX-TD7896  (Read 8478 times)

Offline ES

Panasonic KX-TD7896
« on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:21 PM »
We installed a system that contains 4 of the TD-7896 cordless phones.
Because of the large size of the Great Room / Kitchen the client wants to keep 3 of these phones in the same area.

-We are getting interference through these cordless phones most likely due to the fact that two of the base stations are very close together.  We don't have enough phone jacks in this area to accommodate all 3 base stations to be 10' apart as the manual recommends.

Is there a way we can have two of the handsets connected to one base station?
-The manuals don't say anything about this.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Panasonic KX-TD7896
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:27:45 PM »
Hi ES.

I'm not one of the Panasonic techs, but just wanted to welcome you to the board.  Wayne is the Panasonic guru and will likely be able to get you moving in the right direction.

Thanks for the post. :054:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
Any reason that you couldn't put some bases in other areas of the house?

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline ES

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »
Good question.
The house is 11,000 sq.ft. and based on the limited distance the handsets can go from the base stations, it could cause other issues if they are too far apart.

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
    • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »
ES, you'll have to move the base stations. They will not hop like a cell as they don't use cell stations.
Each handset and base is built as a set through the serial number.
-------------------------
MrG

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:44:13 PM »
It sounds like the "right" thing to do is to add more phone jacks, but in the absence of that if logistics don't allow for it, then we could try thinking outside the box a bit. 

As I recall, that phone is a 2.4 GHz unit.  Wayne please correct me if I'm wrong. 

What about going with some wireless phone jacks that are in a different frequency range?  The cable company uses them all the time when their minions can't get a phone jack to a given area.  Of course even in a different band, harmonics can come into play, but Larry might have some better insight into the viability of this hair brained scheme.  I've never used them, but was just trying to think of some options.

Offline ES

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 11:20:47 PM »
Thank you for the ideas.
We're a bit disappointed as to the inflexibility of the Panasonic system but there's not many options for phone systems like this.

We will figure out how to move the base stations.

Curious if anyone knows the "realistic" distance (in feet) that the handsets can operate away from the base stations.

-Thank you again for the help-  Appreciated.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »
Probably the easiest way to figure that out is to take a walk with a handset.  :066:

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 08:03:26 AM »
Curious if anyone knows the "realistic" distance (in feet) that the handsets can operate away from the base stations.

That will be dependent on the environmental conditions.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »
Yep.  Seems that one really has to watch how many and how far the bases are.  I found this on Amazon.

NOTE for the KX-TD7896 TD7895 TD7885: When installing on a TDA system it is important to remember that phones are exactly like the 7700 series phones only packed into a portable handheld cordless unit. That means you can only put these cordless units on TDA50/100/200 extension cards that will accept the 7700 series phones. It is also very important for you to remember that Panasonic only supports 3 of the TD7895 or TD7896 on any one system at a time. They will create line noise upon each other because they are Digital Spread Spectrum. You can put up to 15 of the T7885 cordless on any one system because these are not as powerful. 
Retired Now

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
    • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 09:34:00 AM »
Mick, we haven't established that this is on a TDA50.
In fact I should have asked ES in the beginning what system this is, I assumed it was an
analog TA824. My Bad!

If it's a TDA50 that would allow for a change to the cell station interface cards and
the 7600 series cordless sets that would allow for any handset to "hop" or switch from
cell station to cell station.
-----------------------------------
G

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »

Larry mentioned enviornmental considerations, just a few of which are microwave ovens, and 802.11 access points.  Some units have great difficulty around these devices.  Others in the same frequency band don't seem to have the same challenges.

As Hal said though, walking with the handset will trump every Ohm's Law, and mathmatical calculation we can offer.   :011:

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »

As Hal said though, walking with the handset will trump every Ohm's Law, and mathmatical calculation we can offer.   :011:

Agreed, this is the only way to find out, and it's the only way I support anything wireless on any of my installs.

My answer in my previous post is the only answer I give to anyone!   :066:  It's basically a different way of saying the same thing Hal and Trace stated.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online EV607797

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
I had a 7895 on my KX-TD1232 system in my house with the base unit on the wall by the KSU in the basement.  I was able to get clear reception throughout all parts of the 3,200 square foot house and the entire perimeter of the one acre yard.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com