Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone Remember these two?  (Read 13490 times)

Online silversam

Anyone Remember these two?
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »
A sure sign of senility.

I come in from shoveling snow and something pops into my head for no rhyme or reason.

When I worked for GTE I installed GTD-4600s. Great big CO switches designed to be used either in the CO as Centrex or in the Customers Premises as either a stand-alone (big) PBX or (more likely) as part of a tandem network of switches.

Key equipment, early on, was usually 1A2 (or 10A2, as we called it at GTE). Later we adapted the OMNI feature phones to work with the 4600 but till that happened it was usually 1A2. Occasionally, we installed electronic key equipment. In NYC this was often Eagle.

Anyone remember Eagle? It was essentially 1A2 that ran on 3 Pair cabling?

Also, GTE sent me out a key system once called Jupiter that they made themselves. I only installed one of them behind a switch and then the company sold off everything and everybody to become Verizon.

I have no idea why these things just appear like that in my brain, but there they are.

So anyone remember EAGLE or JUPITER?

Sam

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Anyone Remember these two?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:26:43 PM »
I don't know those switches Sam, but I did work on so old equipment, it was the Dimension series of PBX's  100, 400, 400e, 600 and 2000.
Also worked on the NEC NEAX2400.

A few years ago I saw a Dimension console in the Smithsonian.   :011: :002:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 01:01:47 PM »
Eagles were installed in a lot of government offices...particularly VA clinics. Not really impressed with the longevity of the sets. Around here they were such dogs the techs referred to them as BEAGLES.

Don't remember the Jupiter series though. Closest would be the Siemens Saturn...just one planet away. :011:

What is this snow shoveling you speak of? We're going to be in the 70s for the next week. :015:

Online silversam

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 06:02:41 PM »
Larry  -

I did a lot of NEC's - the Electra 100 and the Neax12 (A, L), 21, 22 (S, SA, VS, L) and the 31 - but never made it to the 2400.

Dave: Yeah, you couldn't beat the Eagle phones up (I seem to remember the plastic caps on the buttons coming off)but they seemed OK here. As far as the weather......Bite me.

Sam

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:20:48 AM »
As far as the weather......Bite me.

Sam

:011: :011: :011: :011:
We're gonna get pummeled overnight, with Sam getting the worst of it... 
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 04:28:40 PM »
ALL roads in NYC will be closed at 11pm. $300 fine if on them.

Offline telemarv

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
Stay safe and warm.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.