Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dukane Star Call  (Read 7206 times)

Offline bluzman

• Technician
Dukane Star Call
« on: August 06, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »
Greetings Folks, Figured I'd start a new thread as I do not think the paging cat. applies.

Let me start from scratch. We replaced a Dukane Star Call System with an SL1100 (NEC), and we're
trying to interface the SL1100 and a Valcom2924A with the Dukane Clock Controller. First,
we may be spinning our wheels as it may not be possible for the Valcom to control the Dukane;
no one has been able to tell us that. We cannot find a good Dukane resource and Valcom's
techs  are not being of much assistance. We have, through trial and error, ascertained than
we can reset the clocks and alter the time of said clocks with a brief contact to digital clock output
of the 2924A. We have a Dukane tech coming out next week to assist; but this is a school district
and $300 for tech to just show up is not helping the district much.

Sure we could explain to the district that their only option is to replace the existing clock system;
but I'm sure you all know our school districts funds are less than abundant. Like I said, I may be spinning my wheels
but I thought I'd give this a try before I proceed with the less-attractive options. Thanks in advance
and expectations are low so any assistance will be appreciated.  Happy Trails Y'all!!

Jeffrey N Lusk
Rainbow Communications
Hiawatha, KS.

Offline TexasTechnician

Re: Dukane Star Call
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »
I'm a little bit confused. Are you trying to use the Dukane for the bell system to send tones over the Valcom system? If you are, I think it is possible. I have manuals for both the Dukane system and the Valcom system and I will be glad to look into it but I want to make sure what you are trying to do.

Offline bluzman

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
All we are trying to do is use the Dukane for clock control. The Valcom is currently sounding the tones which can be controlled by the customer via a laptop in the phone room. We would just like to interface the SL1100 with the Dukane so Office Staff can change the time on the Dukane Clocks vis their desk sets. Before we replaced the phone sytem they were able to change the clocks with telephones for DST or whatever. Does that help?
Thanks for input, greatly appreciated.
Jeffrey N Lusk
Rainbow Communications
Hiawatha, KS.

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
I think I understand. I don't think it can be done.