Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RIP manual transmission  (Read 11177 times)

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: RIP manual transmission
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
Yeah, I thought that was a joke. I bought a new 15' Ford Fusion to replace my wife's old one and I see that there is an "S" position. The "S" stands for Sport and is supposed to allow you to shift manually with up and down buttons on the console shifter knob. What the hell for??? I haven't played with it but I suspect it works pretty much as you found.

The "S" should stand for stupid.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
What a pile of crap!!!

Nothing like dumping the clutch and smoking the tires, then power shifting and smoking them again in 2nd. If you have a car with balls you chirp those tires on the next shift!   :066:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 05:21:02 PM »
I call the new transmissions the Congressional gearboxes....totally shiftless, no good, worthless, POS's. But that's just me. :003:
Vertical Comdial Dx80 and  DX120 Voice Mail Repair/Compact Flash Cards
Comdial Debut Compact Flash Cards

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 07:06:24 PM »

:011: That's funny because it's true.

Years from now they'll roll out a limited edition Camero or Mustang with a true manual transmission and it'll sell for a premium.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »
Yeah, I thought that was a joke. I bought a new 15' Ford Fusion to replace my wife's old one and I see that there is an "S" position. The "S" stands for Sport and is supposed to allow you to shift manually with up and down buttons on the console shifter knob. What the hell for??? I haven't played with it but I suspect it works pretty much as you found.

-Hal

Other than that, how do you like the Fusion?  I've been thinking about one and plan to rent one for a couple of weeks to try it out.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
I had a Fusion Hybrid for a couple of weeks as a loaner. Nice car but I kept hitting my head on the roof getting into the car.
Vertical Comdial Dx80 and  DX120 Voice Mail Repair/Compact Flash Cards
Comdial Debut Compact Flash Cards

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »
My hair was hitting the headliner on the old one ('07) and I had a hard time pulling myself out the door. The '15 has more headroom especially if you lower the seat. This one has 6-way power adjustment, could be the one you had won't go that low.

Larry, about the only thing I can see is much better gas mileage. The old one was a 6, this is a 2.5L 4 banger. I was hesitant at first but although it doesn't have the power of the old one it's more than enough to keep you out of trouble. I think there is like 3 engine options in addition to the hybrid. One is the 4 cyl Ecoboost with turbo. Then I think there is a hot 4 cyl with a turbo that they drop in the sport version.

-Hal

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
I thought I would revive and old thread about transmissions and mention the all new Ford Ranger has a 10 speed automatic!

It's the only transmission available!

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2019, 03:16:17 PM »
It's the Millennial edition.

-Hal