Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Network or System Issue?????  (Read 4050 times)

Online MooreTel

Network or System Issue?????
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
Client has a Nortel CICS, installed just a few months ago.  Complaining that if a couple of his other shops within the province call in on their Watts number, CCR doesn't work.  If on the other hand they call any of the lines directly there's no problem.  This is only coming from HIS other offices, which apparently using NEC systems.

Clients calling in on the Watts number have no problem.

He keeps nagging me about it and I keep telling him it their NEC system as everyone else has no issue.  Am I right or wrong?
Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Online EV607797

Re: Network or System Issue?????
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »
Dave, do they still really have WATS numbers in Canada?  Are you speaking of just a toll-free number?

If local calls progress correctly, yet WATS/toll-free calls fail, that pretty much points the finger at the toll switch that is handling these calls.  Keep in mind that WATS or toll-free calls aren't processed by end offices.  Toll offices also don't rely upon DTMF for any portion of the call routing any more. The CG designers of these switches assume that everything works their way, and that passing DTMF is "old school", not the way that the real world does. 

I'd ask their LD provider to give you switch information about how their calls are handled.

Mark Kichline had an issue similar to this a few years back in PA with one of his customers.  The "leave message" beep on his customer's voice mail system would result in the call in progress to be knocked down.  They later determined that a new soft switch that Verizon was using as a toll switch deciphered the frequency of that tone to be the one to kill the call.  Yep, in-band signaling is still alive and well when companies make CO switches while they should be making video gaming systems.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online MooreTel

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
Thanks Ed.  Yes it's a toll-Free Number, my mistake.  I had already told him a while back to contact their provider in that office, but this guy doesn't believe me and continues to insinuate that it's MY problem.
Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Offline KLD

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Then you set up a tech meet with his provider at his expense.  He thinks it is your problem because you are there....throw him some bew  bait.... :002:
Ken passed away on November 9, 2016, and will always be remembered.
Thank you, Ken for all your years of being a moderator, member, inspiration, and friend to all.

Anyone who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of them; better take a closer look at the American Indian. Henry Ford

Ken