Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Autodial emergency pool phone  (Read 4096 times)

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
Autodial emergency pool phone
« on: June 14, 2013, 12:04:19 PM »
The client currently has a store COM T80203 that is not working properly. It is older and has rusted contacts and even after cleaning the contacts I could not get it to work.

It is an emergency pull phone, so I was wondering if anyone had specific suggestions on their favorite outdoor emergency ringdown phone. It's next directly to the Frontier dialtone and calls 911 only. I have installed plenty of ringdown phones and Viking ringdown units, but all for indoor use only. All suggestions are appreciated :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Autodial emergency pool phone
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »
First thing to do is check the requirements set by State and local authorities.  The requirements are changing all the time and we have to install pool side, exercise room, and elevator phones differently, depending on location.  You may be subject to new requirements now.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:49:51 PM »
Looks like from Larry's link in Ohio you can't just use a phone that automatically dials 911. Looks like it must be capable of allowing someone to dial a number of emergency numbers from a list? If so how do you restrict it so that people don't use it for non-emergency purposes?

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:53:26 AM »
Awesome info Larry, thank you. That's a good starting point. I have a call in to my buddy who is an ODNR ranger in hopes that he can direct me to the appropriate agency where this install is located (about an hour north of our office area).

Hal - from the vague description(s) for Ohio codes I've found online (including Larry's link) it seems that having the phone only dial 911 when a button is pressed, as long as its labeled that it does so, is sufficient.

Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
Hal - from the vague description(s) for Ohio codes I've found online (including Larry's link) it seems that having the phone only dial 911 when a button is pressed, as long as its labeled that it does so, is sufficient.

I don't see why that wouldn't be sufficient but you never know these politicians. Should be easy enough to find out.

-Hal

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 08:38:24 PM »
Viking will have a product that will fit perfectly once you are given the precise requirements.
Hal, they can provide them with built in toll restrictors, the whole 9 yards.....

Online EV607797

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 10:02:17 PM »
I second Viking products.  CEECO makes some pretty neat stuff too, but not cheap (www.CEECO.net).
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »
Awesome info and greatly appreciated. The client notified me that she ordered a phone herself and I have no idea of the make/model. I will still be checking local codes and updating you when we install. I agree with Viking too. I looked at their last catalogue I got and there are plenty of options.

Should have an answer by weeks end and installation

Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »
The client notified me that she ordered a phone herself...

Oh oh!

-Hal

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
That's what I thought immediately too Hal, but it worked out. The phone ordered was not the exact make/model that was in there before, but I was able to modify it with relative ease to make it work.

Here's a link to the folder on my Google Drive with pics - Pool Phone Install

Installed, did 911 test call and client is happy too.
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
Looks good!

-Hal