Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: digital centrex  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Markk

• Administrator
digital centrex
« on: May 13, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »
I have a real estate office that uses what I believe is digital centrex from a local baby bell. I believe he has 6 lines and six phones but the only on site equipment is the phones. Pretty rare in my service area so I don't know much about it, I'm more accustomed to the traditional centrex and single line 2500 sets. Anyways,  he's considering switching to comcast and getting a DX120 from me with voice mail. My question,  will comcast be able to port his numbers ?  Will the BOC need to convert the lines to analog at his office first? And finally, I've heard that once you port over to comcast you have given them these numbers forever, they don't have to port them back, true or false?
Mark
Reliable Telephone Service

Offline Skip555

Re: digital centrex
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
I Just had a customer port from Comcast to Brighthouse , other than there being a screwup the day of the port that had her with no phone service for the afternoon there where no other issues so I can say Comcast will release the numbers

what they did and what I would think you would want to do is to have Comcast install as many lines as needed , CF the existing main line and fax to the new Comcast lines then port

---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline CnGracin

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »
Mark,
The number is just a number so it shouldn’t have an effect one way or another whether it can be ported or no… The way LNP rules go as I understand it, Comcast can’t claim “ownership” of a number once they get it. I have heard some providers make it more difficult than others to port away from them but I sure don’t think they can say no you customer you can’t port to someone else now.
Thanks,
Bryan
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (Racing retired '07)

Offline Markk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
Thanks guys. That should do it.
Reliable Telephone Service

Online EV607797

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
Mark, I've had success twice in doing this in Verizon's GTE area here.  We were able to port directly from digital Centrex (actually GTE called it "CentraNet") to a PRI using a CLEC.  That being said, it CAN be done, but as Bryan said, it is more a matter of who wants to play along and how nicely.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com