Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dimension/Horizon PBX Documentation  (Read 32771 times)

Offline stevena

Dimension/Horizon PBX Documentation
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »
I am working on a project of researching the history of the Dimension/Horizon PBX. (I put this in this thread, since is similar to the ComKey and was around during that time.) The systems were IIRC serviced by the old Bell System, and manuals and documentation were published as the Bell System Practices/BSP. I found a BSP for a setup for a Horizon system on eBay a couple years ago.

This system was EOL by the end of the 90s since it wasn't Y2K compliant and there was only one manual on the Avaya support site a decade ago for the attd console, since the Dimension attendant console was identical to the System 85 switch.

It's a mystery, and if anyone has PDFs (or even hard copies) of the systems, I would be very happy if anyone has any resources!

Thx

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Dimension/Horizon PBX Documentation
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
The documents were BSP's, and TOP's.  They were broken down into horizon, Dimension 100/400, and  Dimension 400E/600/2000.  They were further broken down into "feature packages"  such as; FP2 FP4 and so on.  I believe I have all of the books except for the Horizon product.  I worked as an engineer for these products at SNET and briefly at Bell Labs. They were programmed VIA a MAAP panel in octal format.

The system 85 is nothing more than a Dimension 2000, the system 75 and system25 were really different systems
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online EV607797

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
And absolutely NOTHING even close to ComKey systems.  Sure, the ComKey 416 sets were a bit similar in appearance to Dimension's MET (Modular Electronic Telephone) sets, but that is where it ended.  Granted, the handsets, dials and a few other components were interchangeable between the phones, but nothing more.

I can't imagine that full documentation for the D400/1000 isn't all over the place on the Internet.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 05:53:38 AM »
Ed, I believe the MET set was a term used for the Horizon.  On the Dimension product we called them EKT (electronic key telephone) sets.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online EV607797

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »
Same phones though, 10, 20 or 30 buttons!   :015:
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Offline stevena

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
Thanks for the info. Sorry if I posted it in an irrelevant thread and the ignorance in advance.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
Same phones though, 10, 20 or 30 buttons!   :015:

Well......if I remember right they had different software and were not interchangeable.  So double  :015: :015:....LOL   :011: :066:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline stevena

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
Well jesus, I'm sorry for posting things in wrong locations. Yes, I might be retarded in some ways, but I was trying to post this in a location I thought would make some relevant sense. Yes they are totally seperate systems, again I was trying to be relevant if anyone that wasn't familiar.

Thanks for the additional information to the others that replied.

-S

And absolutely NOTHING even close to ComKey systems.  Sure, the ComKey 416 sets were a bit similar in appearance to Dimension's MET (Modular Electronic Telephone) sets, but that is where it ended.  Granted, the handsets, dials and a few other components were interchangeable between the phones, but nothing more.

I can't imagine that full documentation for the D400/1000 isn't all over the place on the Internet.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
Well jesus, I'm sorry for posting things in wrong locations. Yes, I might be retarded in some ways, but I was trying to post this in a location I thought would make some relevant sense

Steve....not to worry and don't get your boxers in a bunch! :011: :011:  The posts by both me and Ed are just some friendly rivalry between us!  :066:

Your post was fine and I moved it to a better location for you.  :003:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline stevena

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 11:11:57 AM »
I didn't mean to come off rude or anything like that. I should've know there was someone here whom was experienced some way or another! I understand that those systems were totally unrelated, I was just simplifying in case someone wasn't experienced. (that was why I placed it in the ComKey even knowing they were separate.)

:003: