Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Troubleshooting an NSP on CS50  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Grider

• Greenlight Communications
Troubleshooting an NSP on CS50
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:17 AM »
The following was and still is posted on another tech support website:

I am looking for some help/advice from anyone who can offer some assistance with ESI system located in Jacksonville, FL.

The major obstacle I am facing is I cannot connect to my ESI (ESI-50) server remotely. A local installer visiting our office, checked my router settings and said they seemed OK but he could not connect remotely either. He sold me a FPIP2 and it was sent to me for me to program but of course I cannot without being able to access the system. I also need an additional IP license. The local installer said he wont service the system if we cannot get the remote access corrected. I don't think he has contacted ESI to see if they can offer any advice or assistance either.

In the past I have had the ability to remote into the system as well as the Atlanta installer who installed the original system had the ability (he went out of business by the way). The same router, a RVS400 Cisco router, is still in use and port forwarding is set up correctly. When I try to connect to the system via ESI Sys Admin software, the only error message I get is "Cannot Open Network Connection."

Has anyone else experienced this? I am in a remote office in Atlanta and can drive to my Jacksonville, FL office to change out routers, or, one thing I was thinking was to get a new router and use a different static IP address and connect that directly to the ESI server. I just cannot figure this out. Without access, I have a useless remote phone!

Thank you in advance

I happen to know for sure that the private ip of the NSP is functioning properly and the port forwarding is set correctly within the router. Also to add to the equation, there is one IP phone functioning properly in the Atlanta location tied back to the Jacksonville location. Whatever is limiting System Programmer remote access does not limit the access of the remote IP phone.
ESI Certified Technician since 2003
www.greenlightconnection.com

Online Skip555

Re: Troubleshooting an NSP on CS50
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
I gave him a link to your site , John but it sounds like you've already worked with him
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline Grider

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »
TY Skip. Yes, I am the local installer he referred to IF he is who I think he is.

He is pretty much accurate in his post with the exception of an IP phone being SOLD to him. At this point it has only been Delivered. Also the said phone is not useless, it just needs to be programmed at the remote location using direct connect software that he has. Inability to remote access has nothing to do with that. Purchasing a license for the IP phone does however involve the need for remote access which is where we are in the process.

The guy is a customer and I am trying to help him. If he feels like looking elsewhere for a better tech then I'm cool with that.

It is just a black box that works a certain way. What more can I do?

Offline NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
Sounds to me like a routing issue.  Either that or a default gateway may not be assigned.  Of course you know how much I know about ESI.  :015:

Offline Grider

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »
Default gateway was good, and the Network port does work. I did a connection to it while inside the network by entering the private ip in the software address field. Then I went outside the network and tried to connect by going to the public ip in hopes the port forward would funnel me to the private ip, nope.

Several months ago we had outside network access but unmentioned above the location suffered some sort of network meltdown and we haven't had it since the rebuild. I'm thinking there may have been a firewall protection measure put in place in the rebuild that could have something to add here but I don't know, ya know?