Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alter/Customize Automated Attendant Messages  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Serofu

Alter/Customize Automated Attendant Messages
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »
I work for a small business and we have an Iwatsu PBX with five Omega 924 phones and one cordless phone.

The company that installed the system is not responding to my calls/emails so I'm reaching out to the internet community for help.

Our Iwatsu system is currently setup so all calls ring through to the dispatcher's desk but can be answered (silent ring?) from any other extension.  When we get hit with large call volume, sometimes our dispatcher can not put people on hold quick enough to get the new incoming calls so they roll over to the automated attendant and hear something to the effect of "please hold and somebody will be with you shortly" type of message... Or so we thought.  Turns out the company that installed this unit did not customize any of the outgoing messages and none of the owner manuals we were left with detail how to change these recorded messages.  It currently has what appears to be the system default for overflow calls.

So I guess my question is two fold, 1) how do I backup the existing settings in case I make a mistake during making my changes, and 2) how do I change the automated attendant messages?

-Serofu
San Luis Obispo, California