Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: System Suggestions?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Dahammer

System Suggestions?
« on: June 01, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »
I was wandering if I could get a recommendation on a new system to replace our aging Inter-tel IMX system. We don’t need anything too fancy. It’s a small office with only 4 extensions. There are 4 voice lines, 1 of which also brings in DSL, and a dedicated fax line. We also have a WATTS number that rolls onto any of the 4 open lines.

We’d want caller ID at each phone, a voice mail system, background music on hold, and preferably a wireless headset for 3 of the phones. Stability would be the most important thing, since the business is dead in the water without phone service, and we’d want something pretty much maintenance free once it was set up. Suggestions? We do intend on hiring a professional for the install, but was curious what your thoughts were. The old IMX system has been chugging along for better than 20 years and seldom gave any trouble. How do current systems compare, stability wise?

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: System Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »
Most new systems can give you what you are looking for in features and reliability.  What is most important is to find a dealer close to you that is reliable and knows his product well. The dealer should be factory certified and have a reasonable amount of stock on hand. As a Samsung dealer I will naturally reccommend Samsung and you can download information from my website. Also check to see what the licensing requirements are for features on the system, this could be a hidden future cost.

Where are you located?  We may have a member of the board who can help you.  I cover Virginia, West Virgina, and N. Carolina.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
In that you want 3 wireless handsets, I would recommend a Pansonic TDA. They can handle up to 28 wireless sets and work great.

Offline Dahammer

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
I'm in Northeast Mississippi. The Samsung iDCS 16 seems to fit the bill nicely. Thanks.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
I need to take the iDCS16 off the web site. It's discontinued and I sold the last one in April. I do have two used units. If you are looking for new and wireless phones you need to look at the 7XXX series.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:15:30 AM »
If you think the iDCS 16 would work, then you'd be happy with the OfficeServ 7030. It's the smallest of the 7000 series systems.

http://www.samsung.com/us/business/telecommunication/productModel.do?ctgry_subtype=3&b2b_prd_id=490
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring