My Phone Techs
August 01, 2014, 02:46:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation e-mail?

Login with username, password and session length
News Headlines:

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMDR IP collector  (Read 2936 times)
bmreen
Pro Shop Member

Web Site
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »

I don't know where this subject belong so I will start here. I need to know what y'all are doing with customers that have Call Accounting software that does not have its own IP collector. I have a couple of lawyers that use Equitrac software and they can only collect SMDR via serial or file. Well the systems we are dealing with today do not all have serial interfaces on them any more. I have been trying to use PuTTY on them with a script my IT guy has wrote for it, but it seem to be giving use a lot of problems running the batch file and executing the process efficiently. Has anybody run in to this yet, and if you have what did you do to collect the SMDR via IP and submit the file for the Call Accounting software?

Bobby Mreen
Telecommunications Technician
www.unf.edu
CMDL_GUY
Administrator

Web Site
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »

Try using PABXSoft.  I have a contact there if you want it.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

You're about to exceed the limitations of my medication!

Sales and Service for Comdial, Samsung and Mitel.

www.lscg.net
bmreen
Pro Shop Member

Web Site
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »

We are not looking to replace the Call accounting software as the same program tracks their copies,postage,calls and matereal on a per client basis. They just don't have an SMDR IP collector module with their software. All we have to do is provide a ASCII file every night so they can import the SMDR from.

Bobby Mreen
www.unf.edu
MacGyver
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:32:05 AM »

Bobby I don't know if this would work for your situation, but about a year ago we were troubleshooting a problem at a remote site and needed to monitor the SMDR locally.  Fortunately all our client sites are connected to us by VPN.  We simply had the computer that was connected to the cabinet write the SMDR log to a shared folder on one of our machines here by static IP.  Another option that comes to mind would be using the Scheduled Tasks Manager to run a bat file every night, and have the bat file copy the SMDR text file to the location where they do the ASCII import.

Added:  After writing this I realized I may have misunderstood your original post.  Obviously if you have no machine connected to the cabinet, and were looking for an IP interface from the cabinet to go directly across the LAN this wouldn't really fit your application.

-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.
bmreen
Pro Shop Member

Web Site
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »

We do currently have a pc connected to the system collecting the SMDR with PuTTY and have a batch file in the Scheduled Task to run at XX:XX time everynight. And thats the problem is that the batch does not run smoothly or efficiently. Some times Putty doesn't shutdown all the way before it tries to restart it or the batch can not find PuTTY.exe to kill it to allow the file to be copied. Its just all sorts of problems. Here is a copy of the batch file that I am running if anybody sees anything different I can do to it let me know. PLEASE.

@echo off
rem Alternative Communications SMDR capture process Bobby Mreen

rem Kill Putty Process
rem Note: Do Not Force Kill Process
taskkill /IM PUTTY.EXE /IM PuTTYPortable.exe

copy "C:\Alternative Communications\PuTTYPortable\Logs\putty.log" "C:\Alternative Communications\PuTTYPortable\Logs\current smdr_log.txt"

rem Restart Capture Process
"C:\Alternative Communications\PuTTYPortable\PuTTYPortable.exe" @smdr

Bobby Mreen
www.unf.edu
Kumba

Web Site
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »

So all you need to do, is take the SMDR output from the IP of the phone system, and send it out the serial port?

Sounds like about 10 lines in PERL. You can even install ActivePERL on windows so you don't need a whole separate machine. I would imagine a programmer could knock it out in an hour or two unless it's not as simple as forwarding the messages from Point A to Point B.

ViciDial Consulting for Call Centers - I'm one of those Evil Asterisk/VoIP Guys. MBSWWYIPPBX
bmreen
Pro Shop Member

Web Site
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »

All I need to do is capture SMDR via IP and supply a text file for Equitrac to import it. I just need some way to do it automatically every night consistently.

Bobby Mreen
www.unf.edu
MacGyver
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:09:34 PM »

I would imagine a programmer could knock it out in an hour or two unless it's not as simple as forwarding the messages from Point A to Point B.

If you go that route I can recommend http://www.scriptlance.com/

You post what you want and programmers bid on the project.  Last time I did it the first bid was about $500.  By the next morning when I checked in I had a message saying "I've already written this for you" with a link to where I could download it.  He asked for $50 and I sent him $100.  It was well worth it.

-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.
Kumba

Web Site
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »

As simple as the program is you really don't need a strong programmer. Just make sure you can tell them it need a config file where you tell it the IP and port to connect to, and then a file to store the dump to. If you find a VB programmer the better as that's native winders.

ViciDial Consulting for Call Centers - I'm one of those Evil Asterisk/VoIP Guys. MBSWWYIPPBX
matherton

Web Site
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »

What about http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/external-device-servers/mss100.html.  I use these handy little devices to give me full remote access to SVMI-4e voicemails over IP (and access to the serial port on SVMI-20e over IP remotely).  Point your IP SMDR packets to this little device, it should convert it to serial to send to your existing smdr box.

I find them on ebay for about 60$ usually...

Marty Atherton

Samsung * Norstar * Zultys * soon - Mitel
        Custom Solutions and Service
           www.vernontelecom.com / www.dctel.com

15 years in the North Okanagan Valley, recently moved to Vancouver
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: