My Phone Techs
July 30, 2014, 08:18:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation e-mail?

Login with username, password and session length
News Headlines:

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CME 4.1/Cisco 1760 "beginners" manual  (Read 3218 times)
stevena

« on: February 18, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »

Hi all,

I got a Cisco 1760 router with CME 4.1 installed in the flash memory. I'm struggling with the CLI, and I can't find approprate documents to start the Call Manager. Cisco's website is very confusing to find any "manuals", just thousands of complicated documents.

I have enough resources for the IOS, though where can I find easy to understand of how to set up the listed router and OS for the telephony services?

I to do it right and I don't want to brick this device I paid some money for

TIA
MikeB
Technician

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

You can try this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm.html
There is really no how to guide. It's easier to search google for cisco info than trying to search on Cisco's site.
stevena

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:05:38 PM »

Thanks for your help. I did lots of research prior to the acquisition of the router. I even tried using Google, but i got craploads of links coming off from Cisco. The support page has too many breadcrumbs, they obviously don't know how create an efficient support site, probably with their short attention spans on anything. :/
stevena

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »

Hi, its me again!

I'm probably going to be on my own, I got this for the purpose as a home telephone/intercom system. I have at least one functioning 7911, the 7960 won't go past the basic boot up because it needs a dependant TFTP server. I have a home network of about 5 workstations, one hub, etc. My real problem is the router because I have been using a Linksys router and I want to junk it because the thing is so f****g complicated to configure, I tried to use my NT 5.2 to run RAAS and I can't understand most of the internet alphabet soup.

I need at least DHCP, DNS (and most importantly TFTP) to push the software out. Not sure if I need VLANs set up formally. I also bricked the thing, and I was able to reinstall the system except for the 79xx firmware. Its nowhere to be seen in the flash drive when looking thru the terminal.

I'm hoping someone can help finding the information. I googled and googled and there isn't an easy to understand resources outhere.

TIA,

Steven

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: