Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UC540 and the SPA545g  (Read 14477 times)

Offline Ironhedz

• Technician
UC540 and the SPA545g
« on: December 27, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
Setup the VPN on the UC540.  Setup the phone locally first, then remote - to go through the VPN tunnel. I am getting an error on the phone that states "failed to obtain WEB VPN cookie", can someone point me in the right direction here. Not sure if the error is related to the phone side or system side. Thanks in advnace for any replies.

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
Re: UC540 and the SPA545g
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:09:47 AM »
I am just starting to work on the UC series, but from my experience with other Cisco products the WEB VPN is on the router side and the phone failed to properly get the tunnel to connect. WEB VPN is Cisco's way of getting a VPN up and working without a software client on the far side. To test the WEB VPN, you should be able to open any web browser on the far side and try to connect to the router.

Just curious... is the UC540 behind any type of firewall.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline Ironhedz

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
Marc,

The system was behind the UC540 firewall. I then disabled the firewall, ran the Phone VPN Setup Wizard according to the lab instructions I have, still the get WEB VPN Cookie error. Just wondering if anyone succesfully got the SPA545g to work. Also Marc do you know if you can setup port forwarding like you can on the samsung for the IP Phones or do you have to setup a site to site VPN at each remote location.

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:33:26 PM »
PM sent.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »
Just following up on this... did you get the SPA525G to work? I received my demo kit and I've got it at home with a SPA525G sitting in my office. When I first set it up, I received the same error. I found the problem and everything works fine. Let me know if you are still having problems.

I've only spent a couple of weeks working with the UC500 series, but I am impressed.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline milkboy33

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:30:24 PM »
Hi,

We're running into the same problem with our SPA525G connecting via VPN to a UC560. We went as far as to stick the UC outside of our firewall and still no go. We continue to get the error cannot obtain the WebVPN cookie or something.

Thanks.

Offline mnowicki01

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
I currently have a UC560 and SPA525G phones and I am trying to connect them via VPN. I followed the instructions to setting up the phones but when the wizard finishes successfully, the phones are getting an error message "Failed to Obtain WebVPN Cookie." Can anyone help me with this? I read in this forum that someone had the same issue and that someone else was able to solve it. Can anyone assist?