Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gas Prices, Again!  (Read 40614 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Gas Prices, Again!
« on: December 03, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »
Gas prices have been on the rise lately as we all know. Today they jumped another 10 cents per gallon, bringing regular to $2.85!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: Gas Prices, Again!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »
That's all? It's $3.26 here! :061:

When I fill my trucks I get half a tank because the pump shuts off at $75.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline mdaniel

• Walker Communications, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:22:10 PM »
Come on guys, we got to give our fare share to the oil companies during the holiday season..............LOL.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
Authorized Avaya SMB Business Partner
www.walker-solutions.com

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
Hal;
 I'm sure you have a much higher tax rate per gallon in NY.  My concern is the rate of increase which was 10 cents per gallon in one day. Does this mean will will be at $4 per gallon soon?

Mike;
I know you're not concerned, you're using "corn" to run your truck in Kentucky! :011:

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline justbill

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »
He runs on that same corn.  :011:

It's been unchanged here since I can't remember when.  2.97 regular unleaded 2.87 for 10% Ethanol (same as Kentucky corn).  The 10% stuff is good in the winter keeps the gas line from freezing, but I use the regual when it's warmer.

There's no E85 stuff out here, but I understand the decrease in mileage isn't offset by the lesser price per gallon.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
My concern is the rate of increase which was 10 cents per gallon in one day. Does this mean will will be at $4 per gallon soon?

Nahh. It will drop back down after the holidays- when people aren't traveling as much and all the Christmas stuff is delivered. It will go back up just in time for summer vacations.

No E85 here either. It's going to cause a lot of problems when it does become available. There is nothing to stop people who buy it because it is cheaper from putting it in their old cars and having to walk home.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline Bob3470

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
Up here where Iam in the west it was a $1.20 a liter.  That works
to $4.42 for an American gallon.  :016:

Offline RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »
Dang..it just jumped to $2.75 a gallon here and I thought that was bad.

Offline mdaniel

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
"He runs on that same corn"
Ha Ha Ha.

What is this,..... beat on Mike night?

www.walker-solutions.com

Offline justbill

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »
Why is this night different?  :005:  Ya must have had a full day today. 

On the E85 and putting it in non-flex fuel vehicles, as well as they have those pumps labeled you'd have to be pretty bad to use it in something it's not intended for.  The few people I know who've tried it say it's actually more expensive to use due to the drop in mileage.   Usually the gas goes down a little after the summer travel season, so far it hasn't here.  I hope Hal's right and it goes down after the holidays.

As I understand it they're trying to get the 10% changed to 15%, but are meeting resistance.

Offline mdaniel

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »
@ Bill. If you can see through that black eye that Mary gave you, can you see this? iiIii. :011:
www.walker-solutions.com

Offline justbill

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »
Ahhhh yes I can make it out.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »
I don't see prices going down after the holidays. I think we have reached what is known as "Peak Oil."

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline KLD

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
 :002:  It jumped 14 cents yesterday and 10 cents on Friday....now it is $2.89 in KS and $2.67 in MO.....sure sucks....... :016:
Ken passed away on November 9, 2016, and will always be remembered.
Thank you, Ken for all your years of being a moderator, member, inspiration, and friend to all.

Anyone who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of them; better take a closer look at the American Indian. Henry Ford

Ken

Offline Noisycow

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »
$3/gallon for gas is a steal compared to what we will most likely see in the not so distance future.  I consider it fortunately that I can still fill up the Express Van for $80.  When the Express shows its age, it will be a Ford Transit or something that can get me around when gas is $5+ a gallon.
No, that is not me.  Oh to dream of being that handsome.