Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TFTP issues on a Cisco 7960  (Read 3099 times)

Offline stevena

TFTP issues on a Cisco 7960
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
Hi all,

I bought a Cisco 7960 recently. I had plugged it in a few days back and I was able to get into the settings. Somehow, in between I screwed it up to the point it was trying to phone home and ever since, I get the "TFTP timeout" with the icon at the end.

I have setup an Asterisk box (however because its so bloated, I can't log into it right because of the keyboard sensitivity of the black box.) I want to run the Cisco as a voice terminal (i.e. like a dummy terminal) so all the call signals are done through the asterisk box. I believe its the Skinny protocol that's installed because its looking for the TFTP file.

I installed a SolarWinds TFTP app, and I tried to access the the IP address the phone allegedly is assigned to attempt to install a Skinny file to no avail. I was also able to access some web part of the phone on the browser and now I am unable to. I did about a dozen factory resets, not sure if that was the smartest thing to do. I just hope its not too much of a boot issue, since I paid a few pretty pennies for this pretty phone.

If someone can help me, TIA.

Steven

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: TFTP issues on a Cisco 7960
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »
PM sent
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net