Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: covert recording voice  (Read 3287 times)

Online Skip555

covert recording voice
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »
I have a request from a customer to set up voice recording along with the video cameras in several locations . the ADI rep warned me it was probably illegal and my Google searching is bringing up the same but I thought I would throw it out here in case there is a legal way  to do it
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: covert recording voice
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »
I think it depends on what and where this is being done.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online Skip555

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »
he owns a convenience store and he wants to hear what the employees are talking about when they are gathered in work areas around the cash registers primary . they are having some workers comp claims and they think the employees re conspiring to file false claims

its one of those places where they have a post office , subway and dairy queen along with the gas station convenience store . to start with he wants to record conversions at the post office and the gas station /convenience store counter /cash registers we already have cameras there

Skip

Offline Brian H

• Technician
    • Nightwatch Security & Telephone, LLC
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »
The information that comes with Louroe equipment used to state that per federal law you had to post signs or stickers that you were recording audio. They supplied decals with their equipment.

I haven't done any audio recording in awhile, so I'm not sure if this info is still current.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:22:16 PM »
Google turns up from an attorney Other then in bathrooms or locker rooms where people disrobe an employee should have no expectation of privacy in the office or vehicles of an employer

However not all states are the same. Your customer needs to talk with an attorney.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline anthonyh

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
Hal nailed it, clear it with an attorny. It will vary from state to state. Some states require it to be posted similer to the "your call is being recorded"...One of my first jobs for AT&T was as a call center rep and it was posted on every phone "your calls are being recorded"
...Please don't touch that

Online Skip555

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
I agree Hals right (as usual ) Ill give him a call tomorrow and run it buy him .

Skip